Wildlife Charter For Guests
Our Wildlife Charter outlines what you can do, as a guest, to help us protect our wildlife…
We are continually working to make Carbis Bay Holidays more eco-friendly, but we need your help to promote biodiversity, by protecting eco systems, wildlife and rare plants.
The Wildlife Charter below outlines some recommended tips on how you can help:
- Please enjoy the variety of plants and wildlife around our area, but do stay on nature trails where they are provided and do not disturb wildlife.
- Fires can be as devastating to wildlife and habitats. Please be careful with matches and only use barbecues in designated areas.
Please help us keep natural habitats clean by using the bins provided or taking your rubbish away and recycling at the nearest point.
- Discover the beauty of the natural environment and take special care not to damage, destroy or remove features such as rocks, plants and trees. They provide homes and food for wildlife, and add to everybody’s enjoyment of the countryside.
- Everyone enjoys rock pooling, but if you’re lucky enough to catch something in your bucket please make sure you put it back in the same rock pool!
- A farmer will normally leave a gate closed to keep livestock in, but may sometimes leave it open so they can reach food and water. Leave gates as you find them or follow instructions on signs.
- In fields where crops are growing, follow the paths wherever possible.
- Use gates, stiles or gaps in field boundaries when provided – climbing over walls, hedges and fences can damage wildlife habitats as well as increase the risk of farm animals escaping.
- By law, you must control your dog so that it does not disturb or scare farm animals or wildlife. Everyone knows how unpleasant dog mess is and it can cause infections – so always clean up after your dog and get rid of the mess responsibly.
- Ensure you follow The Countryside Code.
Thank you and happy exploring!