Who We Are
Printcater Ltd T/A Carbis Bay Holidays (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant Data Protection Regulation and laws. This policy follows the guidelines of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which supersedes the Data Protection Act 1998 from 25th May 2018.
This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Printcater Ltd T/A Carbis Bay Holidays registered office is at Riverside, St Ives Road, Carbis Bay, Cornwall, TR26 2RT and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 2779888. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register; Registration Number: ZA352225, and act as the data processor when processing your data.
Our designated Data Protection Officer/Appointed Person can be contacted at our registered office shown above :- Telephone: 01736 630015 and Email: email@example.com.
Information That We Collect
Printcater Ltd T/A Carbis Bay Holidays processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from you is: –
• Identification : name, title, date of birth, age / age range , gender
• Contact details : postal address, phone numbers, email addresses
• Bookings: property booked, holiday start/end dates, cost of holiday, amounts paid, limited details of other people booked on the same holiday (names, gender, age range), ferry bookings (travel times, cost).
• Marketing preferences: whether you wish to receive marketing information from us, and if so, by which methods (postal, email, telephone, SMS).
• Payment: method, the last four digits of card numbers, payment card expiry date, amounts collected, third party payment service provider references. Please note that we do not capture or store your full card details: payment is handled by our payment service providers (see below).
• Guest Feedback: any feedback you leave, responses to customer satisfaction surveys, whether you have a pet, interests (e.g. preferred holiday type, such as walking holidays).
• Electronic identifiers: cookies, IP addresses. These electronic identifiers are essential to enable you to log into your online account and to assist you if you encounter difficulties using our online services. You can disable cookies if you wish, but this will hamper our ability to provide online services securely.
We collect information in the below ways: –
Email, Telephone, Website Enquiry Form
How We Use Your Personal Data
Printcater Ltd T/A Carbis Bay Holidays takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
• We manage your booking / holiday let
• Communicate with you, including for example, responding to your emails, messages on social media, web chat requests, handling customer service matters etc
• Process your payments
• With your permission, send you relevant marketing information such as details of competitions, special offers and properties we think will be of interest to you
• Manage competitions, promotions and special offers in which you participate
Payment Service Providers
To ensure your transactions are secure, we entrust the following company with your credit card details to enable them to process your payments and refunds.
• Sage Pay Europe Limited, North Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 9AA
You have the right to access any personal information that Printcater Ltd T/A Carbis Bay Holidays processes about you and to request information about: –
• What personal data we hold about you
• The purposes of the processing
• The categories of personal data concerned
• The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
• How long we intend to store your personal data for
• If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We pass over some or all of your personal data such as Housekeepers, Meet & Greeters so that they can get in touch about key arrangements and to enable them to welcome you to your holiday property ( we also give their personal details to you for the same reason ).
Printcater Ltd T/A Carbis Bay Holidays takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: – SSL, encryption, anti-virus/malware
Transfers Outside the EU
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data. Printcater Ltd T/A Carbis Bay Holidays does not transfer or store any personal data outside the EU.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Printcater Ltd T/A Carbis Bay Holidays, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services, fulfil orders, deliver your products, we will not be able to offer some/all our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Printcater Ltd T/A Carbis Bay Holidays only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. We do not retain your Credit Card details.
Lodging A Complaint
Printcater Ltd T/A Carbis Bay Holidays only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Printcater Ltd T/A Carbis Bay Holidays
St Ives Road,
Cornwall, TR26 2RT
Telephone: 01736 630015
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services. The majority of cookies we use on this website are for Google Analytics, a tool which anonymously provides us with statistical data on how our website is used. You can find more information about Google Analytics at www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/privacyoverview.html
For more information about cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.