St Ives September Festival 2018
Just because it’s time to go back to school at the end of the summer holidays it doesn’t mean the vibrant ambience in St Ives grinds to halt. In fact, the culmination of the school break is marked by a thriving celebration of the region’s art and cultural bounty. Book a luxury holiday cottage during the St Ives September Festival, and join in the huge spectrum of art, literature and music events that take the town by storm. While the weather is still balmy, the beaches are at their best and the summer crowds have fled, this is the perfect time of year to make yourself at home in a stylish self-catering cottage a pebble’s throw from the coastal and cultural scene of St Ives.
St Ives September Festival is just one of the reasons why we recommend visiting Cornwall during the early Autumn. Get to the heart of the art and cultural heritage of a town that’s historically been a stronghold for artists and creative types. Take a break in one of our swanky seaside holiday homes in Carbis Bay or St Ives, and dip into the St Ives September Festival celebrations – from art exhibitions where you can comes face-to-face with the local artists and makers, to theatre productions, literary events and live music.
The festival was launched way back in 1977 and has become one of St Ives’ biggest annual events, luring art, music and culture lovers from all over the globe. Over 200 events are held in inspiring venues across the town, from art studios and galleries to beaches, cafés, pubs and clubs.
Tickets are expected to sell out quickly.
A pebble’s throw from your luxury accommodation you can flit from poetry recitals to art exhibitions, jazz concerts to theatre productions, fuelling up at the town’s fine dining restaurants or pausing to enjoy the laid-back beach life between events. You don’t have to be an art connoisseur to make the most of the vibrant ambience, the balmy Indian summer, the sandy beaches and the sublime scenery that has been abandoned by the holiday’s bucket-and-spade brigade.
Enjoy the St Ives September Festival from a self-catering holiday cottage in St Ives or Carbis Bay. Our portfolio ranges from cosy couples’ boltholes to family-friendly villas – all within easy reach of the festival highlights and beautiful beaches. September can be a popular time to visit Cornwall, so book your holiday home early.
For more information about the festival and to book your tickets checkout:
- Seth Lakeman will headline the opening night of the 2018 St Ives September Festival at The Guildhall on Saturday, September 8.
- The first week of the 15-day arts and music Festival – with more than 300 events – will have a distinct West Country flavour with Cornwall’s Fisherman’s Friends on Monday, September 10, and Exeter-based Sound of the Sirens two nights later.
- Visit www.stivesseptemberfestival.co.uk for tickets and more information.
- A two week celebration of music, poetry, theatre and art exhibitions commencing 8th September 2018.
- For arrivals commencing 15th September 2018, please amend the arrival date