Winter Breaks in Cornwall
Shake off the summer crowds and experience the best of Cornwall: Paddle along deserted beaches, strike out on windswept coastal walks and watch storms drift over the Atlantic. Then hunker down in a cosy holiday cottage footsteps from the sea. Winter breaks in Cornwall are wild, romantic and invigorating. With mild winters, buckets full of landscape drama and a plethora of dog-friendly beaches, Cornwall is the perfect winter holiday destination. Bag one of our luxury St Ives cottages and you’ve got everything from award-winning restaurants to sublime scenery and rainy day attractions at your fingertips.
Forget crowded beaches and fighting your way through the bucket-and-spade brigades to get to the sea. A winter break in Cornwall is all about getting a mighty dose of the scenery all to yourself. Wrap up for a stomp along the South West Coast Path, feel the briny spray of the crashing waves, go beach combing and even whittle your own treasures out of the driftwood you find.
You don’t even have to brave the Great Outdoors to enjoy a winter holiday in Cornwall. Although the cobbled streets of St Ives are quieter out of peak season, the cafés and restaurants are buzzing year-round, so you can kick back over a steaming hot chocolate, hunker down by the log fire with a local ale in hand, or tuck into a Michelin-starred meal while you soak up stunning seascapes bathed in the magical low winter light.
Many of the local attractions fling open their doors in all seasons, too. Step into the world-famous galleries such as the Tate St Ives and The Leach Pottery, come face-to-face with artists and makers in back road workshops, and fill your shopping bags with arts and crafts from independent boutiques. From Christmas Craft Fairs to the world-renowned New Year street party, there’s plenty of revelry to brighten up the winter days.
Experience the freedom of winter breaks in Cornwall: Dog bans are lifted on all of St Ives’ beaches, there are no queues for ice cream and pasties, and it’s much easier to bag a sea-view table in the town’s best restaurants.
Carbis Bay Holidays offer the perfect accommodation for winter holidays in Cornwall. Short breaks are available (min. three nights) and dogs stay for free. We can also arrange long winter lets if you want to escape to Cornwall and experience the full pelt of winter by the sea.
- See why Cornwall in winter is truly magical especially during the Festive season.
- Longer winter lets and short breaks available.
- Book a cosy Cornish cottage with a wood burner or open fires.
- Dog friendly beaches and pubs and holiday homes.
- As a guest enjoy complimentary entry to the winter season at the Tate St Ives. Just show your CBH key fob. (excludes school holidays)
- Enjoy storm watching, bracing walks and beachcombing.
- Hunker down with a hot chocolate in a beach cafe and take in the ocean view.
- Enjoy a pint or a roast in a cosy pub with a real fire.
- Cosy up with a romantic stroll on a deserted Cornish beach
- Treat your loved one to a Valentines break they’ll love.