St Ives at Christmas
If you’re preparing to make this Christmas one you won’t forget, then a ‘Cornish Christmas’ in St Ives should be ringing your sleigh bells.
Do you remember, as a child, the magic and mystique of Christmas?
The excitement and build up to that special time of festive celebration; carolling, mince pies, warm fires, Christmas trees, decorated homes, mistletoe and wine.
The anticipation was wonderful and now that you’re all grown up, think how fantastic it would be to experience that warm nostalgic glow again. It’s why so many people feel drawn to St Ives at Christmas, every year.
St Ives is wonderful in winter and the air is warm. There is a range of accommodation to be had, with Christmas favourites being cosy cottages and St Ives apartments with sea views. It’s advisable to book early but do try even if it’s “last minute”, it will be worth it.
Spirit of Christmas
Cobbled streets, fishermen’s cottages and Christmas trees all around the town help everyone get in the spirit of Christmas.
Charming original shops, ideal if you need to buy a late present.
There are plenty of cafes, traditional pubs, and restaurants and takeaways to keep you from feeling hungry. Hot chocolate and mince pies accompanied by carol singers…so Christmassy!
Father Christmas will arrive on an RNLI Lifeboat
We might be all grown up but Father Christmas arriving by RNLI lifeboat and heralding the switching on of the festive lights will fill you with calm excitement. There’s a parade throughout the town and a competition for residents to get involved in the Christmas lights display.
There are food markets, craft displays, buskers, puppet shows, pantos, treasure hunts, guided walks.
Beautiful, welcoming churches, where you can light a candle or attend one of the services; world-class galleries to peruse.
Walk off your Christmas lunch, experience St Ives’ wave-lashed beaches and magnificent coastal walks, literally just a stone’s throw away. A wonderful way to clear your head after evenings spent drinking and eating and any over indulgences!
St Ives is truly a magical place, its geographic location is on the “Toe” of Britain, surrounded on three sides by the sea, and warmed by the Gulf Stream.
The sand is slightly pink and the crystal clear waters work together to produce a beautiful pink glow.
Sprinkle your own Christmas magic to this and you will understand why a “Cornish Christmas” in St Ives will welcome you back again next year.
- Christmas holidays in Cornwall are available for a minimum of four nights with flexible arrival and departure dates.
- We welcome arrivals on any day except Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Departures are not allowed on these two holiday days either.
- All properties booked by 6th December will be decorated with festive cheer, however, if you prefer, we can leave the decorations for you to put out with your family.
- Enjoy a welcome that includes a bottle of Cornish mulled cider and locally made mince pies if you book prior to 19th December.
- All of our properties boast a fully equipped kitchen to cook a tradition roast.
- To help keep your gifts away from prying eyes, the elves at Carbis Bay Holidays are happy to receive them at the office. Please arrange this with our customer service team.
- Why not consider extending your stay to experience New Year’s Eve in St Ives?
- Visit the Christmas lights across the County. We highly recommend a visit to Mousehole with a thousand festive lights or Padstow for some delicious festive foodie treats.